Medical Surgical Nursing eCourse is an online class designed for Allied Health, Medical and Nursing professionals; it is a comprehensive review and perfect study tool for students taking Medical Surgical Nursing eCourse and online at the Nursing Schools, College or University level. It includes more than 2800 Interactive Practice Questions and Answers, streaming Videos and Audio Lectures, eText, Study Notes for students.
The Medical Surgical Nursing eCourse Final Review Exam is timed and cumulative with an optional Certificate of Achievement. It is highly recommended for students preparing for Class or NCLEX Board Exams or interested to improve on their grades (GPA). Medical Surgical Nursing eCourses study tools are used by instructors and educators for their students in the Allied Health fields and Nursing Schools. Medical Surgical Nursing eCourse focuses on the role of the medical/surgical nurse in the nursing care of the client with alterations in all body systems. This comprehensive review course emphases on analyzing the importance of bio-psychosocial, pathophysiological and pharmacological concepts in health care acknowledging the adaptive, preventative, restorative and health education measures to maintain optimal functioning for clients.
Group Lessons (Call for More Info)
Medical Surgical Nursing eCourse Learning Objectives:
The objectives of the Medical Surgical Nursing Online Course include
- Integrate knowledge from nursing and other scientific and humanistic disciplines as it relates to medical/surgical nursing.
- Participate with the interdisciplinary health care team and assume accountability for providing safe and effective care to the adult population.
- Integrate and evaluate research findings in the provision of evidence-based nursing care for the adult population.
- Integrate technology and information systems to provide and improve safe, effective care to adult populations.
- Discuss the impact of health care policy and the regulatory process on the provision of care for the adult population.
- Collaborate with members of the interdisciplinary health care team to improve health outcomes and reflect human caring in adult patients.
- Apply health promotion principles including maintenance, restoration, and disease prevention in the care of the adult population to reduce risks and improve health outcomes.
- Demonstrate professional values that employ ethical, legal, and moral standards in caring for patients and their families with medical/surgical conditions.
- Utilize skills and knowledge when applying the nursing process to diverse adult populations to provide safe, holistic, evidence-based care.
- Online eCourse Fee: $199.99
- Course Category: Nursing Sciences
- Students Taken : 2841
- Lessons Included: 52
- Average Time to Completion: 50 hrs
- Overall Student Pass Rate: 95.7%
"Detailed and Comprehensive"
Medical Surgical Nursing Online eCourse Topics
Unit I Dimensions of Medical Surgical Nursing
1. Medical-Surgical Nursing in the 21st Century
2. Health and Illness in Adults
3. Community and Home-Based Care of Adults
Unit 2 Alterations in Patterns of Health
4. Nursing Care of Patients Having Surgery
5. Nursing Care of Patients Experiencing Loss, Grief and Death
6. Nursing Care of Patients with Problems of Substance Abuse
7. Nursing Care of Patients Experiencing Disasters
Unit 3 Pathophysiology and Patterns of Health in Medical Surgical Nursing
8. Genetic Implications of Nursing Care of Adults
9. Nursing Care of Patients in Pain
10. Nursing Care of Patients: Altered Fluid, Electrolyte, & Acid-Base Balance
11. Nursing Care of Patients Experiencing Trauma and Shock
12. Nursing Care of Patients with Infections
13. Nursing Care of Patients with Altered Immunity
14. Nursing Care of Patients with Cancer
Unit 4 Responses to Altered Integumentary Function
15. Assessing the Integumentary System
16. Nursing Care of Patients with Integumentary Disorders
17. Nursing Care of Patients with Burns
Unit 5 Responses to Altered Endocrine Function
18. Assessing the Endocrine System
19. Nursing Care of Patients with Endocrine Disorders
20. Nursing Care of Patients with Diabetes Mellitus
Unit 6 Responses to Altered Gastrointestinal Function
21. Assessing the Gastrointestinal System
22. Nursing Care of Patients with Nutritional Disorders
23. Nursing Care of Patients with Upper Gastrointestinal Disorders
24. Nursing Care of Patients with Bowel Disorders
25. Nursing Care of Patients with Gall Bladder, Liver, & Pancreatic Disorders
Unit 7 Responses to Altered Urinary Elimination
26. Assessing the Renal System
27. Nursing Care of Patients with Urinary Tract Disorders
28. Nursing Care of Patients with Kidney Disorders
Unit 8 Responses to Altered Cardiovascular Function
29. Assessing the Cardiovascular System
30. Nursing Care of Patients with Coronary Heart Disease
31. Nursing Care of Patients with Cardiac Disorders
32. Nursing Care of Patients with Vascular and Lymphatic Disorders
33. Nursing Care of Patients with Hematologic Disorders
Unit 9 Responses to Altered Respiratory Function
34. Assessing the Respiratory System
35. Nursing Care of Patients with Upper Respiratory Disorders
36. Nursing Care of Patients with Ventilation Disorders
37. Nursing Care of Patient with Gas Exchange Disorders
Unit 10 Responses to Altered Musculoskeletal Function
38. Assessing the Musculoskeletal System
39. Nursing Care of Patients with Musculoskeletal Trauma
40. Nursing Care of Patients with Musculoskeletal Disorders
Unit 11 Responses to Altered Neurologic Function
41. Assessing the Nervous System
42. Nursing Care of Patients with Intracranial Disorders
43. Nursing Care of Patients with Spinal Cord Disorders
44. Nursing Care of Patients with Neurologic Disorders
Unit 12 Responses to Altered Eye and Ear Function
45. Assessing the Eye and Ear
46. Nursing Care of Patients with Eye or Ear Disorders
Unit 13 Responses to Altered Sexual-Reproductive Function
47. Assessing Male and Female Reproductive Systems
48. Nursing Care of Men with Reproductive and Breast Disorders
49. Nursing Care of Women with Reproductive and Breast Disorder
50. Nursing Care of Patients with Sexually Transmitted Infections
Medical Surgical Nursing Online Course Resources
Medical Surgical Nursing Online eCourse Features
- Medical Surgical Nursing Online Course
- Unlimited Accessibility for 6 and 12 months
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- User Friendly
- Suitable to All Students
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android/iOs Mobile and Tablet
- Class Surveys
- Grade Score of 77% or more makes the participants eligible to Certificate of Achievement that can be downloadable as a PDF file.
- A letter grade is also assigned on the Certificate of Achievement
- Certificate Level
- College/University Level
- Self Study (No instructor)
- Instructor Available (Upon Request and Availability)
- Instructor Request (If needed)