Maternal Newborn Care eCourse is an online class designed for Allied Health, Medical and Nursing professionals; it is a comprehensive review and perfect study tool for students taking Maternal Newborn Care eCourse and online at the Nursing Schools, College or University level. It includes more than 2800 Interactive Practice Questions and Answers, streaming Videos and Audio Lectures (Maternity & Pediatrics), eText, Study Notes for students.
The Maternal Newborn Care eCourse Final Review Exam is timed and cumulative with an optional Certificate of Achievement. It is highly recommended for students preparing for Class or NCLEX Board Exams or interested to improve on their grades (GPA). Maternal Newborn Care eCourses study tools are used by instructors and educators for their students in the Allied Health fields and Nursing Schools. Maternal Newborn Care eCourse provides an integrative, family-centered approach to the care of childbearing women and newborns. Emphasis is placed on uncomplicated pregnancies and the normal newborn. The course includes the study of the biological, psychological, and sociological concepts applicable to basic needs of the family, including childbearing and neonatal care. Utilization of the nursing process in the assessment and management of the childbearing family.
Group Lessons (Call for More Info)
Maternal Newborn Online eCourse Learning Objectives:
The Maternal Newborn Online course objectives include:-
- Describe the steps of a focused health assessment on childbearing women and newborns and identify deviations from normal.
- Describe the role of the nurse as a member of the health care team and client advocate while providing family-centered care to childbearing women and newborns.
- Apply knowledge of pharmacology, pathophysiology, and nutrition, as well as evidence based practice, to the care of childbearing women and newborns.
- Describe how verbal and nonverbal communication promotes therapeutic relationships with patients and their families, as well as professional relationships with members of the health care team.
- Identify technologies and evidence-based literature that support clinical decision making and impact patient care.
- Identify health education needs of childbearing women and newborns and their families, as well as strategies used to reinforce education.
- Discuss organizational, time management, and priority-setting skills used when providing care to childbearing women and newborns.
- Identify patient care needs related to safety and the delivery of quality care.
- Describe ethical and legal standards as well as professional accountability in the delivery of care to the childbearing women, newborns, and their families.
Maternal Newborn Online Course
- eCourse Online Fee: $199.99
- Course Category: Natural Sciences
- Students Taken : 1890
- Lessons Included: 57
- Average Time to Completion: 45 hrs
- Overall Student Pass Rate: 97.7%
"Very Informative and Straightforward"
Maternal Newborn Online eCourse Topics
MATERNITY [MATERNAL] NURSING LESSONS
Unit 1. Introduction to Family-Centered Care
1. Contemporary Maternal Newborn and Child Health Nursing
2. Culture and the Family
3. Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology
4. Conception and Fetal Development
Unit 2. Pregnancy and Family
8. Preparation for Parenthood
9. Physical and Psychologic Changes of Pregnancy
10. Antepartal Nursing Assessment
11. The Expectant Family: Needs and Care
12. Maternal Nutrition
13. Adolescent Pregnancy
14. Assessment of Fetal Well-Being
15. Pregnancy at Risk: Pregestational Problems
16. Pregnancy at Risk: Gestational Problems
Unit 3. Birth and the Family
17. Processes and Stages of Labor and Birth
18. Intrapartal Nursing Assessment
19. The Family in Childbirth: Needs and Care
20. Pharmacologic Pain Management
21. Childbirth at Risk: Prelabor Complications
22. Childbirth at Risk: Labor-Related Complications
23. Birth-Related Procedures
PEDIATRICS [NEWBORN] NURSING LESSONS
Unit 1. The Newborn and Postpartum Family
- The Physiologic Responses of the Newborn to Birth
- Nursing Assessment of the Newborn
- Normal Newborn: Needs and Care
- Newborn Nutrition
- The Newborn at Risk: Conditions Present at Birth
- The Newborn at Risk: Birth-Related Stressors
- Postpartal Adaptation and Nursing Assessment
- The Postpartum Family: Needs and Care
- The Postpartum Family at Risk
Unit 2. Care and Needs of Children
- Growth and Development
- Infant, Child, and Adolescent Nutrition
- Pediatric Assessment
- General Concepts, the Newborn, and the Infant
- The Toddler, the Preschooler, and the School-Age Child
- Health Promotion and Maintenance: The Adolescent
- Family Assessment and Concepts of Nursing Care in the Community
- Child and Family with a Chronic Condition
- Nursing Considerations for the Hospitalized Child
- Pain Assessment and Management in Children
- The Child with a Life-Threatening Condition and End-of-Life Care
- Social and Environmental Influences on the Child and Adolescent
- Immunizations and Communicable Diseases
Unit 3. Caring for Children with Alterations in Health Status
- Alterations in Fluids, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Balance
- Alterations in Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Function
- The Child with Alterations in Respiratory Function
- The Child with Alterations in Cardiovascular Function
- The Child with Alterations in Immune Function
- The Child with Alterations in Hematologic Function
- The Child with Cancer
- Alterations in Gastrointestinal Function
- Alterations in Genitourinary Function
- Alterations in Endocrine Function
- Alterations in Neurologic Function
- Alterations in Mental Health and Cognitive Function
- Alterations in Musculoskeletal Function
- Alterations in Skin Integrity
Maternity Newborn Online Care eCourse Resources
- Maternal Newborn Online Course
- Unlimited Accessibility for 6 and 12 months
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- User Friendly
- Suitable to All Students
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android/iOs Mobile and Tablet
- Class Surveys
- Grade Score of 77% or more makes the participants eligible to Certificate of Achievement that can be downloadable as a PDF file.
- A letter grade is also assigned on the Certificate of Achievement
- Certificate Level
- College/University Level
- Self Study (No instructor)
- Instructor Available (Upon Request and Availability)
- Instructor Request (If needed)