Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Review
This is a complete and comprehensive Pharmacy Tech eCourse that prepare students to be able to take PTCB Licensure Exams by challenge. This course is self-paced, online and interactive. The course combines an interactive study experience using the convenience of the Internet. This is a self-paced course that introduces learners with little or no prior biology knowledge to Pharmacological Experience. All study materials needed to complete the class are contained online with electronic textbooks and interactive exam practices that preps candidates for Board exams
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid US social security number to work in USA
- Must be good and work hard on Math
This online program introduces students to information concerning sources, effects, legalities, and the safe use of medications as therapeutic agents. Emphasis is placed on technician responsibility, accountability, pharmacokinetics, routes of medication administration, contraindications and side effects regarding drug therapy. Upon completion, students should be able to compute dosages, demonstrate competence in the knowledge of commonly used drugs and their action, demonstrate competence in preparation of medications, and demonstrate competence in the principles of prescription and administration. Participants should be able to challenge and pass the PTCB Board Exams and obtain the Certified Pharmacy Technician Licensure.
Minnay Educational Services is proud to have very high success rate for candidates that take PCB, currently 96% of our participates pass the Boards per first seat. We encourage our students to make use of the Pharmacology DVDs Set and also all resources put together online to ensure their success
- Course Fee: $79.99
- Course Category: Allied Health
- Students Taken : 1360
- Lessons Included: 54
- Average Time to Completion: 24 hrs
- Overall Student Pass Rate: 96%
Why Become A Pharmacy Technician?
The Pharmacy Technician works under the supervision of the Pharmacist performing traditional pharmacist functions, specifically in drug distribution, inventory management, pharmacy administration and serving patients. The US department of Labor projects more than 28,000 Pharmacy Technician jobs over the next 10 years which is a good incentive for interested persons to become trained in this field. In addition, this can be done without having to spend years acquiring a College Degree. The recommendation for admission to this field is a High School Diploma and Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). We are offering a Course that will prepare you for the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination.
Role of Pharmacy Technician
As a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) you will be qualified to work in all settings of Pharmacy, under the supervision of a Licensed Pharmacist. Your role in the Pharmacy will include:-
- Interacting with the public and other Health Professionals
- Interviewing patients to develop their medication and medical profile
- Evaluating prescriptions for completeness
- Entering prescription data into a computer
- Billing Insurance Companies for online adjudication
- Managing and/or maintaining adequate pharmaceutical inventory
- Filling Prescriptions by calculating appropriate quantity and selecting the correct medication to be dispensed
- Using the Pharmacy computer to generate prescription labels and update patient profiles
- Participating in quality assurance by removing adulterated, misbranded, recalled and expired drugs from inventory
- Dispensing the correct drug to the correct patient at the correct time.
- Grade Score of 70% or more makes the participants eligible to Certificate of Achievement that can be downloadable as a PDF file.
- A letter grade is also assigned on the Certificate of Achievement
- Certificate Level
- College/University Level
- Self Study (No instructor)
- Instructor Available
- Instructor Request (If needed)
- Online Courses
- Unlimited Accessibility for 6 and 12 months
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- User Friendly
- Suitable to All Students
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android/iOs Mobile and Tablet
- Class Surveys
click here to access your courses.
you first need to create an account