General Biology Online Course with Exam Reviews
This course introduces the principles and concepts of biology. Emphasis is placed on basic biological chemistry, cell structure and function, metabolism and energy transformation, genetics evolution, classification, and other selected topics. Upon completion, students
should be able to demonstrate understanding of life at the molecular and cellular levels.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic principles of chemistry as they relate to atomic
structure, the formation of chemical bonds, types of molecules and compounds and the classes, structures, and functions of biologically important molecules.
Demonstrate knowledge of cellular biology with emphasis on cell ultrastructure and function and selected aspects of cellular physiology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic energy transformations in cells including the concept of free energy, laws of thermodynamics, ATP formation and function, and the processes of
photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
Display competency in analyzing how cells reproduce for growth, repair, and gamete production.
- Demonstrate knowledge of molecular genetics including nucleic acid structure, their role as informational molecules and the mechanisms of replication, transcription, translation, and gene expression.
- Demonstrate knowledge of aspects of microbial genetics, viral replication, the role of viruses and oncogenes in cancer, mechanisms of gene expression in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells and the procedures, products and current as well as future trends in biotechnology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Mendelian genetics by means of solving genetic problems and by application of important concepts including Mendel’s laws and monohybrid and dihybrid crosses.
- Demonstrate knowledge of modern genetics including multiple alleles and human blood group inheritance, gene interactons, sex determination, sex-linked inheritance, autosomal and sex chromosomal abnormalities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the mechanisms and components involved in the evolution of organisms.
- Course Fee: $79.99
- Course Category: Natural Sciences
- Students Taken : 2110
- Lessons Included: 56
- Average Time to Completion: 60 hrs
- Overall Student Pass Rate: 93.5%
Anatomy and Physiology Practice Exam Topics
Lesson 02 – Biochemistry of Living Things
Lesson 03 – Water
Lesson 04 – Carbon Chemistry
Lesson 05 – Macromolecules
Lesson 06 – The Cell
Lesson 07 – Cell Membranes
Lesson 08 – Metabolism
Lesson 09 – Cellular Respiration
Lesson 10 – Photosynthesis
Lesson 11 – Cell Communication
Lesson 12 – Cell Cycle
Lesson 13 – Meiosis
Lesson 14 – Mendel
Lesson 16 – Molecular Inheritance
Lesson 17 – From Gene to Protein
Lesson 18 – Gene Expression
Lesson 19 – Viruses
Lesson 20 – Biotechnology
Lesson 21 – Genomes
Lesson 22 – Descent with Modification: A Darwinian View of Life
Lesson 23 – The Evolution of Populations
Lesson 24 – The Origin of Species
Lesson 25 – The History of Life on Earth
Lesson 26 – Phylogeny and the Tree of Life
Lesson 27 – Bacteria and Archaea
Lesson 28 – Protists
Lesson 29 – Plant Diversity I: How Plants Colonized Land
Lesson 30 – Plant Diversity II: Evolution of Seed Plants
Lesson 31 – Fungi
Lesson 32 – An Introduction to Animal Diversity
Lesson 33 – Invertebrates
Lesson 34 – Vertebrates
Lesson 35 – Plant Structure, Growth and Development
Lesson 36 – Resource Acquisition and Transport in Vascular Plants
Lesson 37 – Soil and Plant Nutrition
Lesson 38 – Angiosperm Reproduction and Biotechnology
Lesson 39 – Plant Responses to Internal and External Signals
Lesson 40 – Basic Principles of Animal Form and Function
Lesson 41 – Animal Nutrition
Lesson 42 – Circulation and Gas Exchange
Lesson 43 – The Immune System
Lesson 44 – Osmoregulation and Excretion
Lesson 45 – Hormones and Endocrine System
Lesson 46 – Animal Reproduction
Lesson 47 – Animal Development
Lesson 48 – Neurons, Synapses, and Signaling
Lesson 49 – Nervous Systems
Lesson 50 – Sensory and Motor Mechanisms
Lesson 51 – Animal Behavior
Lesson 52 – An Introduction to Ecology and the Biosphere
Lesson 53 – Population Ecology
Lesson 54 – Community Ecology
Lesson 55 – Ecosystems
Lesson 56 – Conservation Biology and Restoration Ecology
- Grade Score of 70% or more makes the participants eligible to Certificate of Achievement that can be downloadable as a PDF file.
- A letter grade is also assigned on the Certificate of Achievement
- Certificate Level
- College/University Level
- Self Study (No instructor)
- Instructor Available
- Instructor Request (If needed)
- Online Courses
- Unlimited Accessibility for 6 and 12 months
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- User Friendly
- Suitable to All Students
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android/iOs Mobile and Tablet
- Class Surveys
click here to access your courses.
you first need to create an account