Abnormal Psychology online course with Exam Reviews
Abnormal psychology course involves understanding the nature, causes, and treatment of different mental disorders. We are exposed to issues related to the field of abnormal psychology every day, whether it’s hearing about a celebrity with a drug problem, or learning that your best friend is depressed. Researchers in this area seek to learn more about what causes these problems and how to treat them effectively. Clinicians learn how to implement treatments to help people lead mentally healthier lives. In this course, students will learn what abnormality means, how and why we classify mental disorders, and how these disorders are understood and treated.
- Understand how abnormality is defined and understood in various cultures.
- Learn how to read and critically evaluate how mental illness is presented in popular culture
- Broadly understand the clinical characteristics of mental disorders and how they are assessed (i.e., when someone has an anxiety disorder versus being shy, when someone is depressed versus being a little “blue”).
- Gain a general understanding of the role of theory in developing treatments for psychological disorders (e.g., how therapists know what to say to a patient to help him or her change).
- Learn how to de-bunk myths about psychological disorders (e.g., is it true that people act “crazier” when there is a full moon?).
- Course Fee: $79.99
- Course Category: General Education
- Students Taken : 4377
- Lessons Included: 18
- Average Time to Completion: 22 hrs
- Overall Student Pass Rate: 89.2%
“Great and very resourceful”
LESSONS FOR ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY COURSE
01: Examples & Definitions
02: Cause of Abnormal Behavior
03: Treatment of Psychological Behaviors
04: Classification and Assessment of Abnormal Behaviors
05: Mood Disorder and Suicide
06: Anxiety Disorders
07: Acute and Posttraumatic Disorders
08: Stress and Physical Health
09: Personality Disorders
10: Eating Disorders
11: Substance Use Disorder
12: Sexual and Gender Identity Disorder
13: Schizophrenic Disorders
14: Dimentia, Delirium and Amnestic Disorders
15: Mental Retardation
16: Childhood Psychological Disorders
17: Adjustment and Life Cycle Transition Disorders
18: Mental Health and Law
- Grade Score of 70% or more makes the participants eligible to Certificate of Achievement that can be downloadable as a PDF file.
- A letter grade is also assigned on the Certificate of Achievement
- Certificate Level
- College/University Level
- Self Study (No instructor)
- Instructor Available
- Instructor Request (If needed)
- Online Courses
- Unlimited Accessibility for 6 and 12 months
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- User Friendly
- Suitable to All Students
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android/iOs Mobile and Tablet
- Class Surveys
click here to access your courses.
you first need to create an account