Pharmacology Online Course with Exam Reviews
Pharmacology online course focuses on the basic drug classification, concepts and principles of pharmacology with special consideration for the nursing role in developing a comprehensive approach to the clinical
application of drug therapy through the use of the nursing process. Nursing implications relative to the utilization of drug therapy are examined. Dosage calculations are evaluated for competency.
- Define basic pharmacological terminology.
- Apply general concepts of pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes and their application in
drug therapy and the nursing process.
- Recognize significant adverse drug reactions, drug-drug, and drug-nutrient interactions.
- Describe major classifications of drugs used in modern treatment of disease.
- Describe the professional responsibility and standards of practice for the professional nurse as related to the medication administration process.
- Develop the necessary skills to provide patient education regarding drug therapy.
- Describe strategies employed for patient safety during the preparation and administration of medications.
- Demonstrate competency in performing clinical drug and dosage calculations.
- Course Fee: $79.99
- Course Category: Natural Sciences
- Students Taken : 2300
- Lessons Included: 30
- Average Time to Completion: 22 hrs
- Overall Student Pass Rate: 94%
Pharmacology Practice Course Topics
- Introduction and Principles of Pharmacology
- Laws and Ethics
- Terminology and Abbreviations
- Administration of Drugs
- Basic Math
- Dosage Calculation
- Nutritional Aspects
- Antibacterials and Antivirals
- Antifungal and Antiprotozoa
- Vaccines and Antibodies
- Analgesics, Antipyretic and Anti-inflammations
- CNS Drugs
- ANS Drugs
- Anesthetic Drugs
- Skin Diseases Drugs
- Cardiovascular System Drugs
- Vascular System Drugs
- Fluids and Electrolyte Balance
- Endocrine System
- Reproductive System
- Gastrointestinal System
- Respiratory System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Eye Disorders
- Grade Score of 70% or more makes the participants eligible to Certificate of Achievement that can be downloadable as a PDF file.
- A letter grade is also assigned on the Certificate of Achievement
- Certificate Level
- College/University Level
- Self Study (No instructor)
- Instructor Available
- Instructor Request (If needed)
- Online Courses
- Unlimited Accessibility for 6 and 12 months
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- User Friendly
- Suitable to All Students
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android/iOs Mobile and Tablet
- Class Surveys
click here to access your courses.
you first need to create an account